AREAS OF INTEREST
- Implementation of the Chinese development policy in Tibet.
- Environment and lifestyle changes of pastoral communities in Eastern Tibet under the impact of modernization.
- China's environmental policy in the Tibetan grassland areas.
- Transformation and urbanization of rural areas and sedentarisation of pastoralists in Eastern Tibet.
- History of Sino-Tibetan relations.
EDUCATION2007-2013: doctoral study program in Tibetan studies at the Humboldt University in Berlin, Institute of Asia and Africa, department of Central Asia.2000-2006: master (M.A.) in Chinese Studies, Central Asian Studies and Spanish at the Humboldt University in Berlin, Institute of Asia and Africa. ACADEMIC CAREER
since 2014 at the Oriental Institute ASCR.2013-2014 Humboldt University, Berlin, Institute of Asia and Africa, department of Central Asia (Tibetan Studies), assistant professor.2011-2013 Humboldt University, Berlin, Institute of Asia and Africa, department of Central Asia (Tibetan Studies), teaching assignment.2010, december, Helmholtz-Cetrum, Leipzig, scientific emloyee.2009-2011 University of Leipzig, Institute of Ethnology, research assignment for a program funded by the EC.2007 University of Minorities, Xining, China, (fieldwork)
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
IATS, Paris 2019
- AAS in Asia, Kyoto 2016
- International Seminar of Young Tibetologists, Leipzig 2015
- European Society for Central Asian Studies, Zurich 2015
- Annual Conference of the Consortium for Western China Development Studies, Guiyang 2014
- Tagung der Deutschen Vereinigung für Chinastudien, Würzburg 2013
- Spatial Transformations in China’s Northwest, Bern 2013
- Annual Conference of the Consortium for Western China Development Studies, Chengdu 2013
- AAS Annual Conference, San Diego 2013
- AAS Annual Conference; Toronto 2012
- Himalayan meeting places: Trade, Pilgrimage and Cultural Encounters; Poznan 2011
- Guest presentations: Deutsch-Tibetische Kulturgesellschaft; Bonn 2012, Deutsches Historisches Museum; Berlin 2011
- Sustainable Livelihoods in Tibetan Pastoral Areas – Global Change and Local Challenges; Halle 2009
- Cultural heritage and sustainable development of historical cities in Asia; Berlin 2007
Grants and Projects
- 2019-2023: Lumina Quaeruntur AV ČR: Balancing the Interests of the State and Its Internal Others in Contemporary China: The Interaction of China’s Ethnic and Foreign Policy (team member)
- 2015-2017: GAČR - China’s Cultural Diplomacy: Regional Variations and the Role of Non-State Actors, GARC, Academy of Science, Prag (participant)
- 2009-2011: EC - Range Enclosure on the Tibetan Plateau of China: Impacts on Pastoral Livelihoods, Marketing, Livestock Productivity and Rangeland Biodiversity (participant)
Coordinator of the „Amdo Research Network“ (https://www.iaaw.hu-berlin.de/en/region/centralasia/research/projects/current/amdo-research-network)
Association for Asian Studies
Deutsche Vereingung fuer Chinastudien